Call for Expression of Interest
In view of high interest to participate in the Second Virtual Matchmaking Event on COVID-19 Therapeutics, the registration deadline has been extended to 23rd November 2021 (16h59 CET).
The European Commission organises the Second Virtual Matchmaking Event on COVID-19 Therapeutics on the 29th November (Monday) and 30th November (Tuesday) 2021 in partnership with the Council of European BioRegions (CEBR) and the European Clusters Alliance (ECA). ECA and CEBR will also be our partners running the EU survey to assess EU capacities for COVID-19 therapeutics production.
Logistic support is provided by GROW’s European Cluster Collaboration Platform.
The detailed objectives of the event are:
- Support the acceleration of the development and upscale of Covid-19 therapeutics production;
- Enhance the participation of EU companies in the Covid-19 therapeutics value chains;
- Speed up connections between participants.
Who can participate?
The event is open to EU companies and non-EU companies with research/production facilities in the European Union Member States (including companies in the portfolio of 10 most promising treatments COVID-19 Therapeutics Strategy (europa.eu), and companies in the European Economic Area, in the following areas:
Treatment developers working on essential and new medicines for all stages of COVID-19 disease:
- Antiviral (monoclonal antibodies)
- Supportive care
- Others (to be specified)
Clinical Research Organisations offering services such as:
- Clinical trials
- Regulatory expertise and support
- Research networks
- Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs)
- Others (to be specified)
- Public investors, (EU, National, Regional)
- Corporate funds
- Venture capital
- CMOs / CDMOs – Production of drug substance for biologics and small molecules (chemical)
- Fill and Finish, including device and packaging for delivery
- Pharma associations and their members
- Starting materials (any substance of defined quality used in the production of pharmaceutical product, but excluding the packaging materials)
- Raw materials, API, intermediates, excipients
- Solvents, reagents
- Disposables, e.g. single-use bioreactor bags, filters, membranes, flow tips
- Liquid Chromatography systems
- Vials, syringes
- Primary packaging (in direct contact with the product, e.g., blisters)
- Secondary packaging
- Shipment & Distribution
Companies interested in participating in the event shall complete the event’s registration form.
Companies will have to provide:
- Person related data (First & Last name, Email, Phone number, Country, Job position)
- Organization related data (Name, Organisation description, Area of activities covered by the organisation, address)
In their application companies will be invited to be specific on the technology they use and on how their capacities/facilities/support possibilities are relevant for the purpose of this event.
Companies will only be formally registered for the event if the criteria are met. The team formed by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform, the European Clusters Alliance and the Council of European Bio-Regions will confirm formal registration by email after approval by the European Commission, Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW).
The decision on the selection of applicants will be based on the information stated above. Therefore, by filling in the registration form applicants are not automatically accepted to participate in the event.
Applicants should complete the registration form by 23rd November 2021 (16h59 CET).
The submission of registration indicates an acceptance of the terms.
All of the exchanges conducted during the event will be completely confidential.
Any questions can be addressed to Daniela Coutinho and Raquel Gonçalves, from the European Cluster Collaboration Platform at firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs and expenses
Participation in the Matchmaking Event – Towards COVID-19 vaccines upscale production will be free of charge.
Disclosure of company’s name and protection of personal data
Company’s name and country
By participating in this event, companies give their consent to the European Commission to make the company name and their country public.
Companies will have the option of not consenting to publish the name of the company.
All the personal data provided will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data. Personal data and any other information provided in the registration at the matchmaking event will not be public.